Sunday 12 August 2012

I cant ever thank you well enough. By Kayode Ogundamisi


12th August 2012



Land! Sea and the Sky!

I still do not know if your words formed them

But what I know is that I wont be a part of the Universe

Without your consent!

Do I doubt your existence sometimes? Yes I do

When I see the injustice! Pain and savagery of humanity

I say to myself. How can anyone have power over the

universe and permit such evil.

But even when I doubt you, a inner voice whisper into my ears, soft and calming, saying ‘without me you wont be’

I then realize I owe my being to no other one but you.

Even with my imperfections, you just keep forgiving and

keep giving me a second chance.

As I take a look at forty-four years of Struggles! Defeats!

Triumphs! Laughter! Sadness!

I take your gift of LIFE and Say I CAN NOT THANK YOU WELL

ENOUGH!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday great man. What the world calls failure, God calls success. God is good. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday to my mentor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice write up. I am inspired. Happy Belated Birthday Boss!

    Kenny Smith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Boss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honestly, I did not know that you were a poet. Good! Poetry is not easy to write. That is why there are few poets. It does not sell well either, that is why most poets (in the UK) write prose and publish a novel before publishers publish their poetry books. Anyway, poetry is fulfilling to poets.

    ReplyDelete