Tuesday 20 September 2011

ABIA GANG RAPE! Nigerian Law Maker Dabiri calls on victim to come forward!


It saddens my heart to watch and read the story of the Young Lady who was gang-raped by Five men in a video that has circulated on the internet in the last few days. On the 20th of September 2011, I intend to raise the issue on the floor of the House of Representatives. In the meantime, I will appeal to the lady herself, to at least let a few of us know her.

I will ensure that she is protected. She cannot get the justice she deserves if she remains anonymous. From the information I have gathered, I was told that this has become a regular occurrence in some parts of Nigeria. Ladies are gang-raped and they are too timid to speak up for fear of stigmatisation and reprisals..


I plead with anyone who knows her real identity and location to please convince her at least to reach out to me or the appropriate authorities so we can put an end to this. There is no reason or excuse for any woman to be raped. It is illegal and irresponsible. All men and women of good conscience in Nigeria should join me to totally condemn this abominable act.

Abike Dabiri-Erewa,

Member Federal House of Representatives

Ikorodu Federal Constituency 2011.

2 comments:

  1. Help them to correct the error in the spelling of 'federal'. Thanks! It is not 'fedearl'. We all make mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats why I love Abike Dabiri... Please help the victim get the justice she deserves... Thanks

    ReplyDelete